At our December, 2020 meeting, the Pass the Federal Green New Coalition decided to:
*Endorse and send to Congress members for the Pro-Act-Protect the Right to Organize, and
*Sign on to the “Climate President” petition asking President Biden:
- Declare a Climate Emergency under the National Emergencies Act. This step would unlock specific statutory powers to allow for rapid clean energy development.
- Stop fossil fuel exports and infrastructure approvals.
- Use the Clean Air Act to set a science-based national pollution cap for greenhouse pollutants, and to drive emissions towards zero economy-wide.
- Establish an office of Climate Mobilization as described by Sunrise.
At our January, 2021 meeting, the Coalition decided to:
*Sign on to the Build Back Fossil Free,
*Send a letter to Congress members to support the CRA, Congressional Review Act to reverse Trump’s last minute regulations, such as
- Exposing our unprotected North Cascades public lands to more logging and roads, with a rule that lets the Forest Service skip environmental reviews.
- Excluding scientific studies from environmental policy-making.
- Removing penalties on fossil fuel companies that kill birds while engaged in industrial activities like drilling.
- A rule that limits future EPA regulations by requiring the agency to ignore the greenhouse gas reductions that result.
- Delaying tighter restrictions on soot for at least five years—even though tightening the current standard would prevent tens of thousands of early deaths every year.
- Not increasing current air pollution standards for ozone.
- Stripping down environmental reviews for LNG exports.
- A series of rules that decrease energy efficiency standards for manufacturers and loosen efficiency testing requirements.